Wisconsin resident and nonresident Purple Heart recipients are eligible for the following benefits:
- Reduced fee Wisconsin Conservation Patron license (Resident – $10, Nonresident – $161)
- Hunting, fishing and trapping licenses at resident rates for nonresidents
- One-time transfer of a Class A Bear license
- One spring turkey harvest authorization
- Eligible to submit an elk hunting application.
Applicants must provide official documentation as proof they received the Purple Heart at any Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Service Center after which Veterans may purchase their licenses at any licensing agent and online at the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, go Wild webpage.
Moving to or within Wisconsin? START WITH MILITARY RELOCATION PROFESSIONAL
When military staff and their families relocate, the services of a Military Relocation Professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful.