VUB is a free program offered at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and the Zablocki VA Domiciliary Veterans Center, that helps eligible Veterans become college-ready and helps get them enroll in a postsecondary school (university, community college, and vocational/technical programs).
VUB Services offered:
- College preparatory instruction and tutoring
- Preparation for academic placement exams and testing
- Career assessment and planning
- Application and financial aid assistance
- Academic advisors to assist with enrollment and
- Access to other resources: study area, computer lab, student coffee lounge
- Referrals to additional college and community resources.
Who is eligible for VUB? To be eligible Veterans must have served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for at least six months and received a discharge other than dishonorable. Veterans must also meet low income requirements, first generation college student and/or have an academic need. For more information, please call 414-229-2607.
Wisconsin Resident Tuition Rates for Nonresident Veterans, Service Members and their Families: Nonresident Service members and their Families are eligible for resident tuition rates while they are stationed in Wisconsin or stationed in a neighboring state within 90 miles of the Wisconsin border.
Nonresident Veterans and their Families are eligible if the Veteran meets the following requirements:
- Served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for at least 10 years
- Received an honorable discharge within four years before applying at Wisconsin institution of higher learning
- Filed Wisconsin state income tax returns for at least 8 of the last 10 years of active duty and their Spouses and Children.
Reserve component Service members that have been an active member of the Wisconsin National Guard or the U.S. Armed Forces Reserves for at least six months are eligible for resident tuition.
Moving to or within Wisconsin? START WITH MILITARY RELOCATION PROFESSIONAL
When military staff and their families relocate, the services of a Military Relocation Professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful.