The VetEd grant program provides a reimbursement to Veterans for tuition at schools approved by the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs State Approving Agency or the Wisconsin Educational Approval Program. The maximum number of credits a Veteran may receive reimbursement for is based on the amount of time the Veteran served on active duty (active duty for training does not count toward eligibility).
Time in Service to Credit Breakdown:
- 90 to 180 days active duty = 30 credits or two semesters
- 181 to 730 days active duty = 60 credits or four semesters
- 731 days or more active duty = 120 credits or eight semesters
Veterans must apply for the Wisconsin G.I. Bill before they are eligible to use VetEd funds. VetEd reimbursement will be paid only after all grants and scholarships, including VA educational benefits are paid. Wisconsin Administrative Code Section VA 2.02
Who is eligible for the VetEd Reimbursement Grant? The Veteran must have received an honorable discharge for service under one of the following conditions:
- Served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for 90 or more days during a war time period, unless discharged early due to a service-connected disability, or
- Served in a crisis zone, or
- Served on active duty for at least two years or for the full period of their initial service obligation (during peace time)
- Eligible for an Armed Forces Expeditionary medal or campaign medal
- Was discharged before meeting time in service requirements due to a service-connected disability.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Veteran does not have a bachelor’s degree
- Wisconsin resident at time of entry onto active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, or for at least 12 months prior to application
- Must use VetEd benefits within 10 years of discharge to be eligible for full credit for time in service, after 10 years Veterans will receive reduced credit
- Veteran’s household income must be below $50,000, plus $1,000 for each dependent in excess of two dependents.
Veterans can apply online at WisVets, through their CVSO or by completing the Wisconsin Veterans Education Grant Application and mailing to the address at the top of the form.
Wisconsin G.I. Bill, Tuition Programs for Veterans, Qualifying Spouses and Children; Information, Forms and Instructions
Wisconsin Veterans Education Grant Application
Wisconsin CVSO Directory
Learn more about the Wisconsin Veterans Education Reimbursement Grant
Moving to or within Wisconsin? START WITH MILITARY RELOCATION PROFESSIONAL
When military staff and their families relocate, the services of a Military Relocation Professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful.
Leave a Reply