The Wisconsin Veterans Professional/Occupational Licensure Fee Waiver Program will grant fee waivers to qualified Veterans when issuing initial licenses. This program offers only one initial license fee waiver per applicant.
Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Professional/Occupational Licensure Fee Waiver List
Who is eligible for the Wisconsin Veterans Professional/Occupational Licensure Fee Waiver Program? Veterans must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Wisconsin resident
- Veteran, as defined in Wisconsin Statutes 45.01 (12) (a) to (f), or one of the following:
- Service member in a reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces who has served under honorable conditions for at least one year beginning on the Service member’s date of enlistment
- Service member who received an honorable discharge from a reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Eligibility applications for a Veterans Professional/Occupational Licensure Fee Waiver are made through the WDVA either online at the WDVA, MyWisVets Online Benefits Portal or by submitting a WDVA, Professional/Occupational Licensure Fee Waiver Eligibility Application to the address on the form.
Wisconsin Professional/Occupational Licensure Reciprocity for Spouses of Service Members Assigned in Wisconsin: Wisconsin offers reciprocal professional/occupational licenses for the Spouses of nonresident Service members in the U.S. Armed Forces who are assigned to a duty station in Wisconsin.
Spouses must meet the following requirements:
- Spouse holds a license, certification, registration, or permit that was granted by a governmental authority outside this Wisconsin
- Pay any required fees
- Spouse meets the licensing agency or credentialing board qualification requirements.
A reciprocal credential expires 180 days after issue.
For more information, please contact the WDVA, Veterans Benefits Resource Center by email to WisVets@dva.wisconsin.gov or by phone at 800-WIS-VETS (947-8387).